Some classes may require permission from an instructor or department before you can register. You may need permission if:
- You have not completed course prerequisites.
- Your completed prerequisites are transfer courses.
- You want to register for a closed class or a class that has reserved seats.
- You want to register during the time period when permission is required.
Contact the class instructor to find out if you are eligible for a permission number. If the instructor gives you a permission number, enter it in the Shopping Cart when you register.
If you are on a waitlist and receive a permission number for the class, cancel the waitlist request and then register using the permission number.
If you have a transfer course that fulfills a prerequisite and seats are available in the class, the instructor will automatically grant a permission number.
- Log into MyU and select the Academics tab.
- Click the Registration sub-tab.
- Click the Register button.
- Select the appropriate term. If you are only eligible to access the Shopping Cart for one term, skip this step.
- Find the class you were provided permission to register for by entering the five-digit class number or by searching.
- Confirm that you have the correct class and select your enrollment preferences.
- Enter the permission number you were given into the Permission Nbr field, and then click the Next button.
- The class has been added to your shopping cart. Click the Proceed to Step 2 of 3 button to continue.
- Confirm your class selection, and then click Finish Enrolling.
- View your results. A green checkmark indicates you are successfully registered.
To open the guide in a new window, use the full-screen version.