Return to the U

If you plan to return to the University after an absence, there are specific things you'll have to complete before you can register for classes.

A few things to note: 

  • If you completed coursework at another institution during your leave of absence, submit official transcripts to the Office of Admissions.
  • Any holds in place prior to your leave will remain in effect upon your return. For example, if you were on academic probation prior to your leave, you will return to the University on probation.
  • Your college office will determine your eligibility to return, your status in your major or degree program, and confirm the program/degree requirements in effect upon your return.

Return from an approved leave of absence

If you were approved for a leave of absence and are ready to return, complete a Return from Leave of Absence form. Do this at least 2 months before the term starts for which you plan to register. More details about returning can be found on the form.

Return from inactive status

If you were on a formal leave of absence and did not register for 2 or more semesters (excluding summer), and you wish to resume coursework at the University, submit an Application for Readmission form. More details can be found on the form.

Return from academic suspension

If you were placed on academic suspension and wish to resume your studies at the University, you must apply for readmission via the Application for Readmission form. Readmission to the University is not automatic and is dependent on the reason of your suspension and subsequent changes made. Contact the Scholastic Committee for more information.