A hold may be placed on your record for financial, disciplinary, or academic reasons (e.g., unpaid tuition or fees). You can see information about holds on your record in MyU. There, you can find the reason and impact of a hold, how to resolve it, and whom to contact if you have questions. You will usually be notified of an existing or impending hold by the department or office authorizing it.

View holds on your record

  1.  Log into MyU.
  2.  In the top right corner of the page, click the Holds icon (triangle with an exclamation mark).
  3.  Select the name of the Hold. A pop-up box will appear with more details and how to resolve the hold.
Screenshot of MyU that shows the holds icon in the top right corner of the page. The example shown is the college adviser approval hold.