If you are enrolled in a course but would prefer to be enrolled in a different course, you can use the swap function. The swap function will drop one class and replace it with another at the same time.
You cannot register for classes that overlap, or have less than a one (1) minute time separation without completing the Class Time Conflict Approval request (see the quick start guide). More information on class time conflict is available.
If the class you are trying to swap into is full, you can do a "future swap."
Future swap classes
If the class you would like to swap with is currently full, you can indicate you would like to be added to the waitlist if one is available. This process is called “future swap.”
If a seat becomes available in the waitlisted class, you may be automatically enrolled (if you meet all the requirements for the class) for the waitlisted class and would then be dropped from the class that you selected it to be swapped with. You will then be charged the associated tuition and fees for the new class.
How to swap or future swap a class
- Log into MyU and select the Academics tab.
- Click the Registration sub-tab.
- Click the Register button.
- Select the Swap tab.
- In the Swap This Class section, select the class you want to swap from your current schedule.
- In the With This Class section, enter the class you want instead. You can use the search or enter the class number.
- Set your enrollment preferences (e.g., grading basis) and then click Next.
- If the class has a wait list, you can check the “Wait List if class is full” check box to do a future swap. Click Next.
- Confirm your selection. If it is correct, click the Finish Swapping button.
- View your results. A green checkmark indicates the swap or future swap was placed.
- A future swap will automatically enroll you from the waitlist if a spot opens and drop you from the other class.
To open the guide in a new window, use the full-screen version.