Take a class as non-degree/guest student
If you want to enroll in a class, but do not wish to be admitted to a degree program at the University of Minnesota, you may enroll as a non-degree-seeking student. You may take courses for credit, or audit courses.
Complete the following steps to apply
- Search for classes to explore available options.
- Complete the Request to Enroll as a Non-degree Student form and submit it to the Office of the Registrar.
Office of the Registrar
212 Behmler Hall
600 East Fourth Street
Morris, MN 56267
- Wait for a confirmation to be sent to you via email by the UMN Morris Office of the Registrar. You should receive the confirmation within three business days.
- Initiate your UMN account after you receive confirmation and your UMN internet ID and student ID number.
- Your UMN account gives you access to University online systems, including University email and the MyU portal, where you will register for classes, see your grades, and pay your bill.
- You do not need to complete this step if you already have an active internet ID.
- Register for classes through the MyU portal.
- Be aware of important dates and deadlines and fees.
|Fri, May 8, 2020||Last day of instruction for full and 2nd-half semester classes|
|Tue, May 12, 2020||Final examinations|
|Wed, May 13, 2020||Final examinations|
|Fri, Apr 3, 2020||Last day to add 2nd-half semester classes|
|Fri, Apr 3, 2020||Last day to drop 2nd-half semester classes without a "W" symbol|
|Fri, Apr 3, 2020||Last day to change grade basis for 2nd-half semester classes|